/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */ The Path to Wealth: The Best Way to Monitor Your Credit

Friday, October 3, 2008

The Best Way to Monitor Your Credit

There are a ton of sites and companies out there that offer credit monitoring service. Some of them are offered for $9 a month, some for $30. The problem with most of these sites is that they are affiliated with only one of the credit bureaus; i.e. they have an agreement with Equifax but not Experian or Transunion and so forth. The best way I have found to monitor my report and score is through True Credit on Credit.com. This company is affiliated with Transunion, but they have agreements with the other two bureaus to allow you to check your credit. The best part of the program is that it allows you to check all three reports and scores as many times as you want.
That means you can update your score anytime you feel like it without paying for each update. They charge $15 a month to track your changes and allow access to all three scores. I can tell you right now that this is great deal. In order to purchase your separate report and score from all three bureaus, you would need to pay $45 each time.
Besides a regular update to my report and score, I also print off my report before I apply for anything. I give the report and score to the loan officer and make sure that I will be qualified for whatever it is I’m applying for before they check my credit. This way, I can keep my credit inquiries to a minimum.

No comments: